Dell PowerVault ME5024
PowerVault ME5 Storage
Simple. Fast. Affordable.
Greater performance and scalability for a diverse set of high-value small to medium-sized business workloads.
- Up to 2.1PB capacity with ME412 or ME424 expansions (20U)
- Up to 4.7PB capacity with ME484 expansions (17U)
- Supported by CloudIQ predictive storage analytics
- SAN/DAS Multiple protocols: SAS, FC, iSCSI
- Dual-active controller architecture
- 12Gb SAS backend
- All premium software features included
All-inclusive software simplicity
PowerVault ME5 provides features that simplify tasks such as system installation, configuration, and serviceability enabling IT generalists to manage resources more efficiently and focus on the bigger picture.
All-inclusive software innovation
PowerVault ME5 storage arrays deliver all the software you’ll need to store, manage and protect your data:
- ADAPT (Distributed RAID): Improved data protection functionality that delivers faster drive rebuild times
- Thin Provisioning: Allocate and consume physical storage capacity as needed in disk pools
- Snapshots:Easily recover data with point-in-time copies
- Replication:Replicate data to any global location and PowerVault ME storage system
- Volume Copy:Enables seamless volume relocation and disk-based backup and recovery
- SSD Read Cache: Increase execution speed of applications by caching previously read data
- 3-Level Auto-tiering:Optimizes data performance with less expense
- Virtualization integration:Integrate ME5 arrays with VMware vSphere and vCenter SRM and Microsoft Hyper-V
PowerVault ME5 is purpose-built and optimized for SAN and DAS workloads. Connecting the PowerVault ME5 to a Dell PowerEdge server to address the challenges of server capacity expansion or to a SAN for flexibility and scalability ensures that business applications will always get high-speed and reliable access to their data – without compromise.
- Direct-attach to Dell PowerEdge servers
- Consolidate SAN storage
Keep your valuable information safe with these PowerVault ME5 features:
- Replication:Replicate data to any global location with either ME4 or ME5 target arrays and support for mirroring and thin-provisioned pools.
- Snapshots:Easily recover files after accidental deletion or alteration with Re-direct-on-Write snapshot copies.
- Virtual Disk Copy (VDC):Enable quick and seamless virtual disk relocation and disk-based backup and recovery with a full, replicated copy of source data.
- Self-encrypting drives (SEDs):Render data useless to unauthorized users with drive-level encryption, even if the drive has been removed from the enclosure.
PowerVault ME5, with faster Intel® Xeon® processors, dual-active controllers and a robust operating environment delivers:
- Up to 640K IOPs performance
- 12GB/s Sequential Read & 10GB/s Sequential Write throughput
- Up to 6.72PB capacity (Firmware is designed to support up to 8PB)
- 12Gb SAS backend for rapid capacity expansion
- ME5 firmware is designed to support up to 8PB as higher drive capacities are validated
Simple to navigate and configure, PowerVault ME5 is easy to provision and manage from anywhere, anytime with an intelligent, HTML5 web-based GUI. PowerVault Manager also helps alert you to identify problems and identify and resolve issues quicker.
Easily configure, provision and manage PowerVault ME5 from anywhere, anytime with an intelligent, HTML5 web-based GUI. PowerVault Manager also helps alert you to identify problems and identify and resolve issues quicker.
CloudIQ Storage Analytics
CloudIQ is Dell’s cloud-based AIOps application that uses telemetry, machine learning, and predictive analytics to provide PowerVault ME5 proactive health notifications, remediation advice, capacity projections, reclaimable storage identification, and more. CloudIQ is available with Dell ProSupport and ProSupport Plus services for Dell infrastructure systems at no additional cost.