Lenovo D1212 Direct Attached Storage
High-performance, high-capacity DAS
Powerful, expandable, affordable capacity expansion unit
- High-capacity JBOD unit
- Flexible, expandable DAS configurations
- Supports high-performance SSDs and HDDs
- Supports high-capacity SSDs and HDDs
- Ruggedized components
High-performance, high-capacity DAS
The Lenovo Storage D1212 has the flexibility and capacity to handle many different types of workloads. You can start with one D1212 enclosure containing up to 12x 3.5-inch drives as a simple JBOD, and later daisy-chain up to 8 enclosures per SAS Chain (using multiple ports). One chain supports up to 96 drives.
Supported drives include 10,000rpm and 7,200rpm HDDs, secure self-encrypting 7,200rpm SED HDDs, and high-performance/high-capacity SSDs for read-intensive workloads. The D1212 supports RAID-0, 1, 10, 5, 50, 6, and 60, using a variety of RAID HBAs. A single chain can contain a combination of HDDs and SSDs with multiple speeds and capacities. If 15,000rpm and 2.5-inch HDDs are required, D1224 expansion units may be included in the chain.
Best value for storage capacity
The D1212 is optimized for performance at an affordable price. High-capacity 3.5-inch NL drives offer up to 120TB* of “cold” or archive storage in only 2U, and 960TB* per SAS Chain in 16U. 10,000rpm 12Gbps SAS drives offer the speed needed for many performance-intensive workloads, and SSDs provide the extreme throughput necessary for the most I/O-intensive jobs, along with high capacity.
The D1212 shares common parts with D1224 DAS enclosures. This simplifies servicing and reduces spare parts on hand, helping to reduce costs further. You can also save money on file/storage servers by deploying one server running virtualized environments with up to 960TB* of DAS capacity, rather than using multiple servers with one JBOD apiece.
Easy to deploy and highly available
Simply cable-connect new units and they come online immediately (OS-dependent) with instant drive identification. Virtual machines can share these expansion chassis as well.
And because storage is useless when it’s offline, the D1212 uses ruggedized components that are designed for 99.999 percent availability, along with hot-swap drives and hot-swap/redundant power supplies for maximum uptime. Redundant I/O modules with failover complete the package.
Lenovo is a $46 billion global Fortune 500 company and a leader in providing innovative consumer, commercial, and enterprise technology. Lenovo enterprise systems deliver industry-leading performance, reliability, and security in virtualized and cloud environments for analytics, database, virtual desktop, infrastructure, and web workloads. Lenovo also offers simplified and extensible systems management tools so you can manage your infrastructure on your own terms. Consistently ranked #1 in reliability and customer satisfaction, the Lenovo enterprise server, storage, and networking portfolio provides the hardware for businesses that never stand still.
- SAS zoning support up to 6 hosts with Y cables
- A simple, affordable, easy-to-deploy storage expansion solution.
- Use one D1212 as a stand-alone JBOD, or daisy-chain up to 7 more per SAS Chain. This provides access for up to 96 HDDs or SSDs using only one HBA.
- Up to 8 D1212 enclosures are supported per SAS Chain
- Each D1212 contains 12 hot-swap 3.5-inch bays, supporting HDDs and SSDs. This means a maximum of 96 drives/960TB(Risk to change to 768TB)supported per SAS Chain
- Available drives include enterprise-class 10,000rpm SAS HDDs, high-capacity nearline (NL) 7,200rpm SAS HDDs, and high-performance/high-capacity SAS SSDs.
- Standard models include dual SAS I/O modules. Each module includes three 12Gb SAS ports (IN and OUT)—four total per enclosure. Using only two ports enables an enclosure to be daisy-chained to the ones before and after it. Using both SAS IO modules enables high availability.
- Integrates seamlessly with all Lenovo servers.
- High availability via dual I/O modules, redundant PSUs, and hot-swap drives.
- An effective storage solution for workloads such as data backup, data caching, video surveillance, media streaming, email hosting, server virtualization, file management, and print serving.
- Ideal for cost-sensitive customers, space-constrained environments, current and future high-capacity needs, and server/storage virtualization. It reduces the burden on over utilized internal server storage, and offers extreme capacity for archive and cold storage solutions.
- Shares common parts with the D1224 DAS unit for I/O modules and PCMs.
|Single/Dual Expansion Modules||Dual 12Gb SAS standard (MiniSAS-HD SFF 8644), with active/active failover|
|Supported Drives||12 hot-swap SAS 3.5-inch drives: 900GB 10,000rpm HDDs (2.5-inch drive in 3.5-inch bay); 2TB, 4TB, 6TB, 8TB, or 10TB 7,200rpm NL HDDs*; 4TB 7,200rpm NL SED HDDs; 400GB, 10 DWD SSDs* (2.5-inch drive in 3.5-inch tray)|
|Storage Capacity (per D1212 enclosure—up to 8 enclosures supported per HBA port)||Up to 10.8TB – 10,000rpm HDDs; Up to 120TB – 7,200rpm NL SAS HDDs*; Up to 48TB – 7,200rpm NL SAS SED HDDs; Up to 4.8TB SSDs|
|Expandability (via Daisy-Chain)||Up to 8 D1212 units per SAS Chain|
|RAID Support||RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, 60 (HBA-dependent)|
|Power Supplies and Fans||Two 580W (1+1) hot-swap/redundant 80 Plus Gold power supplies; two integrated fans per power supply|
|Back Panel Connectors||Each expansion module (x2) includes 1 Ethernet management port, 3x MiniSAS HD Connector (SFF 8644), It can be configured as in/ingress or out/egress port by SAS zoning mode setting.|
|Form Factor / Dimensions / Weight||2U/Height: 87.9mm (3.5 in.); Width: 443mm (17 in.); Depth: 630mm (24.8 in.); Weight: max. 24kg (57.2lbs)|
|Limited Warranty||3- or 5-year Limited Warranty, 9×5 Next Business Day (upgradeable), or 9x5x4, or 24/7×4.|